the Board of Equalization is Broken.. I’m running to shut it down!
An audit in 2015 showed that among nepotism, unfair employment practice, and a chain of offenses that string back through the decades, the current board also misallocated hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars. The current board is also being investigated for misappropriation of $50 million.
This constitutionally created office has a long history of mismanagement and corruption, yet continues to exist in ambiguity as a cushy job and placeholder for party insiders between jobs. A job that currently pays $142k annually to do practically nothing.
When elected I will bring to YOU the Voter:
My Track Record:
- An end to the era of Financial Mismanagement at the state level. Your tax dollars will be accounted for!
- Transparency and accountability from this office, making my calendar public to clearly document our work.
- A strong advocate for business and property owners across the district, making your tax obligations as pain free as possible
- An easy-to-navigate path to my office, online and offline, with responsive and responsible customer service along the way
- A committed Representative in Sacramento that will lobby for efficiency and smart government across the entire public sector
- 2 Term Mayor of Culver City, and first Irish immigrant elected to it’s City Council
- Successfully managed an $85M budget through the Great Recession, preserving jobs and supporting economic development
- Regional influence as VP of both the League of California Cities and Independent Cities Association
- Advocate for Transit Solutions as Board Member with Expo Light Rail & Southern California Association of Governments Transportation Committee
- Trusted Environmental Advocate as Chair of the Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission